Why do I get the error message "The file is not the last file of multi-file archive. . . " when I try to open an image file?
When a Backup Disk Image is split into several files, the image description is placed into the last file of the archive.
If all files are located in the same folder, you may select any file of the image. The application will automatically locate the last file of the archive and read the backup information. If the last file cannot be found, you must locate the last archive file and select it to open the image.
This error can also occur if you attempt to use Active@ Disk Image v3.x to restore an image which was created with v4.x. You will need to recreate your boot CD with the current version of disk image software Active@ Disk Image on it and then restore again.
Click here: Technical Questions
- Does Active@ Disk Image support Windows 2003 Server/SBS (Small Business Server)?
- How do I make a bootable Rescue CD?
- Is the Windows Vista Operating System supported?
- Can a Backup Disk Image be restored to a disk using another size rather than its original size?
- Can multiple PC disks or partitions be imaged at once?
- How can I know that an image was created successfully and contains data?
- Does Disk Image support automated disk imaging?
- Is it possible to restore selected files from the Backup Disk Image?
- Is it possible to restore selected files from the RAW Disk Image?
- Can a Disk Image be saved or restore from Network share?
- Can a Disk Image be written to CD/DVD or USB hard drive?
- I started the Rescue CD and need to restore an image from a CD/DVD. How can that be done?
- Does Active@ Disk Image work under Windows 98 or Windows 2000?
- Why do I get the error message "The file is not the last file of multi-file archive. . . " when I try to open an image file?
- What does it mean when I get the error message: ". . . call has failed. HRESULT = . . . " ?
- Why do I get a message that a drive cannot be locked while creating an image?
- I have deleted my system partition and I want to restore an image that I made earlier. I've had trouble with other backup programs not being able to restore an image completely and it won't boot.
- How "Number of previous backups to keep" feature is implemented?
- Is it possible to store an image to a bootable USB memory stick?
- When attempting to create an image, the following error appears: VSS_E_MAXIMUM_NUMBER